Colorado Niobrara Shale – Resources
The Colorado Niobrara Shale play is a hotbed of energy development. Experts estimate that it has the potential to become one of the largest areas of domestic oil production in recent years. Use the resources below to help answer questions you may have about Colorado Niobrara energy development.
Colorado Niobrara Energy Play Resources
- Colorado Energy Water Consortium: Brings together industry, academic, agriculture, government, environmental and consulting stakeholders to address water issues through research and related activities.
- United States Geological Society: Gas, oil and water production from the Wattenberg Field in the Denver-Basin, Colorado
- Niobrara News: News and information about the Niobrara Play in Colorado and Wyoming
- Colorado Geological Survey: Rock Talk, Colorado’s New Energy Boom – The Niobrara
- American Petroleum Institute Fact Sheet: Strategic Energy Resources – DJ Basin, Wattenberg Field, Colorado
- Colorado Geological Society:
- Guide to the Petroleum Geology and Laramide Orogeny, Denver Basin, Front Range, CO
- Oil and Gas Exploration and Development along the Front Range in the Denver Basin of Colorado, Nebraska and Wyoming
- Colorado Oil and Gas Conservation Commission: Greater Wattenberg Area – Well Density Statistics